Big Bird Encounter
Big Bird Encounter $15 per person
Our Big Bird Encounter runs from 10:30am – 10.45am daily with a maximum of 4 participants.
Get up close and personal with Morgan, our friendly red-tailed black cockatoo. The forest red-tailed black cockatoo is a West Australian icon. These beautiful birds are vulnerable due to habitat destruction, here at the Zoo, our friendly girl, Morgan, loves to interact with the public and share what is truly special about her species.
You’ll also meet Alfie our beautiful male Eclectus Parrot. The Eclectus parrot is found throughout Indonesia, the Solomon Islands, Palau Islands, New Guinea, and in Australia’s far north in Queensland.
*Terms & Conditions
- Price does not include Zoo admission.
- Children under 8 years of age MUST be accompanied to the encounter by a paying adult.
- Suitable footwear must be worn.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the keepers.
- Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
- Each participant must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
- Peel Zoo may take photos of the encounter for publicity purposes.
- If you do not show, or are late to the encounter, the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the keeper’s discretion.
- The Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received.
- On the day of your encounter, an animal encounter booking form will be presented to you with a list of terms and conditions. This form must be signed prior to your encounter.
Please contact Peel Zoo to make a booking or book online.
Phone: (08) 9531 4322
Fax: (08) 9531 4311