Big Bird Encounter
Big Bird Encounter $15 per person
Our Big Bird Encounter runs from 10:30am – 10.45am daily with a maximum of 4 participants.
Get up close and personal with Morgan, our friendly red-tailed black cockatoo. The forest red-tailed black cockatoo is a West Australian icon. These beautiful birds are vulnerable due to habitat destruction, here at the Zoo, our friendly girl, Morgan, loves to interact with the public and share what is truly special about her species.
You’ll also meet Alfie our beautiful male Eclectus Parrot. The Eclectus parrot is found throughout Indonesia, the Solomon Islands, Palau Islands, New Guinea, and in Australia’s far north in Queensland.
*Terms and Conditions:
Available to participants who are 6 years of age and above only.
- All encounters are subject to animal availability, refunds will not be offered if the animal does not instigate an interaction
- Encounters must be paid in full at time of booking.
- A booking is not confirmed until payment is received.
- Price does not include Zoo admission.
- Payment is only returned if seven (7) days’ notice of cancellation is given.
- Children 6 -15yrs must be accompanied to the encounter by a paying adult.
- Children under 8 must be accompanied during the encounter by a paying adult.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Some animal encounters may have number restrictions. You will be informed of these upon booking.
- Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
- All interaction will be instigated by the animal.
- Photographs may be taken during encounters for publicity purposes.
- If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Encounters are subject to animal availability and weather conditions. They may be cancelled at short notice.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler’s discretion.
- The Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if needed.
- Upon paying admission, Please let staff know you have booked, or are booking an animal encounter.
- On the day of your encounter, an animal encounter booking form will be presented to you with a list of terms and conditions. This form must be signed prior to your encounter.
Please contact Peel Zoo to make a booking or book online.
Phone: (08) 9531 4322
Fax: (08) 9531 4311